Saturday, July 24, 2010

Tool #1: I have much to learn!

In the 90's, I thought I was a really cool 5th grade teacher because:
a). I knew how to do email
b). My students and I did an online pen pal program through something called Global Village. We interacted with 12 different schools, mailed a finger puppet, a disposable camera and our school "book" to the first of the 12 schools and then Charlie (the finger puppet) traveled the world.

Little did I know that fast forward some (ahem) years later, I would feel most intimidated by creating a blog and the like. That being said, if we want to capture our learners' imaginations and push them to think creatively, deeply, and humanely, we need to stay one step ahead of them. Now that I feel 12 steps behind, there is some catching up to do.....

No comments:

Post a Comment